BlogGuide

Order of Posts: Blog posts are always arranged from oldest to newest. To start at the beginning, navigate to the oldest post.

How to listen
: Click on an episode to hear the associated audio file. Right-click and select "Open in a new Window" to play the episode while reading the associated devotional. We will soon add instructions for subscribing to this podcast using iTunes.

Comments: Please take a moment to let us know your thoughts about this blog and the Lenten Reflections.

Sunday, March 13, 2011

Episode 5: March 13 - First Sunday in Lent

Sunday at last.
A little break from
the dust and ashes.

Do you know?
There are no Sundays of lent?
There are Sundays of advent.
There are Sundays in lent.

“In” but not “of.”
In the midst of
but not participating in.

Every Sunday is a little Easter.
I need that every week because
life can get heavy.
Especially during lent I need that because
lent can get heavy.

I need these little Easters
to keep me on track
to remind me why I am on
this heavy Lenten journey
as I move toward
the big Easter.

“This is the day that the Lord has made;
      let us rejoice and be glad in it.”                            (Psalm 118:24)

No comments:

Post a Comment