BlogGuide

Order of Posts: Blog posts are always arranged from oldest to newest. To start at the beginning, navigate to the oldest post.

How to listen
: Click on an episode to hear the associated audio file. Right-click and select "Open in a new Window" to play the episode while reading the associated devotional. We will soon add instructions for subscribing to this podcast using iTunes.

Comments: Please take a moment to let us know your thoughts about this blog and the Lenten Reflections.

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Episode 8: March 16 - Something More

"What are you looking for?"
I asked a bird
scratching at the earth
with her beak.
The answer was easy:
"Seeds for my breakfast,
and twigs for my nest."
Food and shelter
in most basic of forms.

"What are you looking for?"
I asked a man
scratching at the earth
with a backhoe.
The answer was not easy.
"I'm not looking for anything,"
he began.
"This is my job,"
he ended.

But that was not the end
of my question,
for he had not given
the answer.

"What are you looking for?"
I asked.
"For what purpose
do you have this job?"
"I have this job to make money."
"And for what purpose
do you make money?"
"To buy food for my family,
and a roof over our heads."

"Then like the bird,
food and shelter are all
you are looking for."

He paused.
"All I am looking for?
All, out of life?
There is more to life
than food and shelter.
There has to be!
I am looking for...
something more."

"What are you looking for?"
"I don't know."

I told you
the answer was not easy.

No comments:

Post a Comment