BlogGuide

Order of Posts: Blog posts are always arranged from oldest to newest. To start at the beginning, navigate to the oldest post.

How to listen
: Click on an episode to hear the associated audio file. Right-click and select "Open in a new Window" to play the episode while reading the associated devotional. We will soon add instructions for subscribing to this podcast using iTunes.

Comments: Please take a moment to let us know your thoughts about this blog and the Lenten Reflections.

Monday, March 14, 2011

Episode 6: March 14 - We're in Lent. Remember?

O.K., Sunday is over.
We’re back in lent.  Back to the waiting.
It’s like advent, a little.
Advent is a season of waiting:  waiting and hoping.
Lent is a season of waiting and searching.
Self-searching.
God searching.

What are we searching for?
What are you searching for?
What am I searching for?
(Searching questions.)
Searching my self.
Searching for myself?
Searching for God.
Searching out God.
Searching for understanding.
Understanding myself.
Understanding God.

And while I am searching . . .
“Search me, O God, and know my heart;
      test me and know my thoughts.
See if there is any wicked way in me,
      and lead me in the way everlasting.”                 (Psalm 139:23-24)

No comments:

Post a Comment