BlogGuide

Order of Posts: Blog posts are always arranged from oldest to newest. To start at the beginning, navigate to the oldest post.

How to listen
: Click on an episode to hear the associated audio file. Right-click and select "Open in a new Window" to play the episode while reading the associated devotional. We will soon add instructions for subscribing to this podcast using iTunes.

Comments: Please take a moment to let us know your thoughts about this blog and the Lenten Reflections.

Friday, April 1, 2011

Episode 27: April 4 - God Can Be Seen

What?  God can be seen?
John said, “No one has ever seen God.”
Remember that?
John also said
“Whoever has seen (Jesus) has seen the Father.”           (John 14:9)
Remember that?
Then John went one step further.
“No one has ever seen God,
but if we love one another, God lives in union with us, and God’s love is [seen] in us."    (1 John 4:12)

What?  God can be seen in us?
That’s what Jesus said.
You mean John said.
Jesus first.

Early on Jesus quoted from Deuteronomy:
“love your neighbor as yourself.”                                  (Deut. 19:18)
At the end he raised the bar:
“Love one another as I have loved you.”                       (John 13:34)

No longer am I exhorted to love others
as I imperfectly love myself.
I am commanded to love others by imitating
the perfect love of Jesus.

Love one another as I have loved you.
What is he saying?
See one another as I have seen you.
Help one another as I have helped you.
Befriend others as I have befriended you.
Teach one another as I have taught you.
Lift people up as I have lifted you.

That’s all it takes.  Just do that and
God can be seen.

No comments:

Post a Comment